Looking for something exciting to do for charity this year?
We have the perfect thrill seeking event. Abseil down the Transporter Bridge in Middlesborough and help us raise much needed funds for children with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities in the North East.
You will be descending down a 50m (164 ft) drop harnessed with a safety rope operated by a qualified member of staff from ‘Climbing Rocks’.
The event will take place on Sunday 24th April.
A non-refundable Booking Fee of £35 per person is required with a minimum sponsorship amount of £100 per person.
If your feeling EXTREMELY brave sign up for the ‘EXTREME ABSEIL’ which will allow you to abseil facing forwards.
You should be aware that by registering for the abseil you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- All participants must be at least 12 years of age – a parent/guardian in attendance will be required for those under 18 years old
- There is no upper age limit as long as a person is fit and able
- Participants must weigh no more than 18 stone – this includes the clothing that you will wear on the day
- Please wear sensible clothing and footwear, along with warm and wet weather clothing if necessary. We will also provide you with a Heel & Toe t-shirt to wear over your clothes.
- If you have any existing medical conditions such as back or neck injuries, or anything you feel hinders you from safely taking part in the abseil, you should consult your doctor before signing up
- Personal injury insurance is not included and if you wish, you should arrange your own
- Disabled people are encouraged to participate, but will need to notify us of this when signing up, so that we can discuss their requirements with Climbing Rocks.
To find out where your money will be going, listen to Phillip’s Story below.